Monday, April 18, 2011

Round 2!

Hey ladies!  We have each hosted a Booksters meeting...so now it's time for another go-around!  We've talked about a couple of new ways to go about choosing books for this second round.  I thought I'd throw these options out there to see what everyone's thoughts are:

1.  Choose a book you've already read that you'd like to share with the group.

2.  Choose 3 books (can be ones you've read before or not) and have the group vote on which of the 3 they'd rather read [I can easily set up a poll on the sidebar to make voting simple].

3.  Lastly, we could read books that are soon going to be adapted into movies (we talked about this one a long time ago but I thought I'd include it too).
    Thoughts?  Preferences?

    8 comments:

    Charlotte said...

    Since we are all so busy all the time, I maybe vote for one that we have already read so that one person gets a pass the month they host on reading the book. I'm looking at you, Joni. =)

    Kat @ NoPageLeftBehind said...

    Haha...ok, my 2 cents:

    I think I prefer the 1st or 2nd option slightly leaning towards #2 (I'm playing devil's advocate here). My thought with #2 is that it's a bit of a more democratic process. Just throwing it out there...anyone else?

    joni said...

    Why don't we just compromise and put all options together...

    Ex: The host chooses
    1. A book they have read before.
    2. A book that is/will be a movie.
    3. Three (or more) options for the group to vote on.

    Make sense?

    P.S. Did you say you're looking at me Char bc I never read the books anymore? Hahah

    Kat @ NoPageLeftBehind said...

    Ok, I'm not sure if I get it (I blame this entirely on getting up before the sun this morning). Lemme just make sure I understand...

    So are you saying: the host chooses 3 (or more) options for the group to vote on...at least 1 of which must be a book they've read before and at least 1 of which is/will be a movie?

    joni said...

    Exactamundo! I know it might sound like a lot to include - but I thought it was a good compromise.

    Kat @ NoPageLeftBehind said...

    Great idea! So I believe you're up Miss Joni...whenever you want (I know you're going on vacay soon so no rush) lemme know your 3 picks and I'll get a vote organized on here :)

    Christine said...

    Aww guys, hope you have fun! Adam and I are leaving on May 18th and I will miss book club terribly.

    Kat @ NoPageLeftBehind said...

    We'll miss you Christine! Best of luck to you and Adam :)